The Jesse Robredo Leadership Award will seek to:
1. Recognize local chief executives who have shown effective, transparent, accountable, participatory, innovative and ethical leadership;
2. Showcase a culture of excellence in local governance through the institutionalization of policies, systems and practices; and
3. Motivate LGU leaderships and communities to sustain and enhance meritorious programs.
Eligibility and Qualifications
To be eligible for the Jesse Robredo Leadership Award, a local chief executive should:
1. Be an incumbent municipal/city mayor or governor;
2. At least into his/her second term;
3. His/her LGU has a Seal of Good Housekeeping and is a Galing Pook Awardee.
1. Effective (service delivery, economic development, efficiency, investing in people, poverty reduction, mobilizing people)
2. Transparent and accountable (Seal of Good Housekeeping
3. Innovative (Galing Pook Awards and other reputable recognitions)
4. Participatory and empowering (partnerships, inclusiveness)
5. Ethical (no verifiable questionable transactions and activities)